Sunday 5 May 2013

Controversial

This is a very dodgy subject to be talking about I think and up until two weeks ago I didn’t realise how big a deal it was in the fashion industry due to the fact these ads never see the light of day in the publications they’re intended for and can only be found online & in articles about their ban.

The subject I am on about is the sexualisation of children in the media & more specifically the sexualisation of Dakota Fanning Marc Jacobs’ Oh Lola! campaign. Controversy is a big deal surrounding this issue, because of two age limits. It can be argued that Fanning is seventeen and can therefore make her own decisions in the respect of sexualisation because the legal age for sex is sixteen but in the eyes of the law she is still a minor and because of this the ad is wrong. Both prove very good points and it’s difficult to pick a side but I want you to tell me what you think as society is what changes the culture we live in.

I made a quick survey on surveymonkey regarding my academic report (yes, I am writing this for my course & yes, i did spend an hour this weekend googling Lolita and child protection laws sat next to a copper). Go to this link and tell me your views!!

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/QSFSHM3

Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment