Monday 20 May 2013

i’m gonna pop some tags

Thrifting has become a rather popular activity all over the world, confirmed by Macklemore & Ryan Lewis in their number 1. single “Thrift shop”

However as far back as I can remember I’ve been going to car boot sales, fayres in various churches dotted around my area as well as local charity shops picking up various items that I showed an interest in. I remember picking up a typewriter when I was about 7 or 8 at a local fayre and writing stories on it and giving them to people as presents (if you couldn’t tell, I love writing) and coincidentally I also love to pick up books from these places.

Yesterday, well yesterday was different. Me & my flat mates as well as a few of the honoury Camelot members ambled down to a car boot sale in our local village. Amelia, Lucy & I were mainly scouting out some home decor for our house which we get the keys to on July 1st!! Our first ever home away from our parents, because let’s face it you can’t count dorms as home away from home.

After buying a few pieces we realised that maybe we had a theme going on here; vintage yet modern.

IMG_1101

IMG_1102

IMG_1103

IMG_1106

Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment